Sunday, June 29, 2014

Skimpression - Love and Math: The Heart of Hidden Reality



The second book I read is called Love and Math: The Heart of Hidden Reality, by Edward Frenkel. It was kind of hard to just skim this book but I did read a good chunk of it. I was really looking forward to reading this book as the review given by the students reading it previously gave it an outstanding evaluation. To be honest it was hard for me to get involved with the book. Frenkel has an interesting story of how he got in to mathematics and his struggle to pursue more education with his Jewish heritage, but he incorporates these math problems or his work on math problems amidst his personal story and that for me made it hard to follow. Perhaps, if he made two books with one being his work with mathematics and the other being his personal story, then that would be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment